- Drawers that stick will slide easily when you apply soap or candle wax on
the runners at the bottom of the drawers.
- Rubbing soap or wax on screws will make them easier to screw in.
- Sandpaper lasts longer and works better when the paper backing is slightly
moistened before wrapping it around a block of wood.
- For squeaky doors, spray the hinges with cooking spray.
- When you are knocking in small nails, place the nail between the teeth of
- To remove paint from your skin use olive oil instead of turpentine. Besides
moistening your skin, the olive oil softens the paint, making it easier to remove.
- To eliminate scratches in wood tables or chairs, use a combination of a half-cup
of vegetable oil and one cup of lemon juice. You'll also get a beautiful shine!
- Cutting rubber is much easier if you dip your scissors in water first.
- To tighten loose screws, remove the screws and stick a toothpick or kitchen
match into the hole and break it off. Put the screw back in.
- Make paint odor disappear by leaving a container of vanilla open overnight.
One teaspoon of vanilla per gallon of paint.
- A half of glass of white vinegar left in a room gets rid of unpleasant
odors from couches, beds, curtains, clothes, in twenty four hours.